Tuesday, June 17, 2008

McCall...

This weekend Tim and I took the kids up to McCall. Tim's family has a beautiful place right on the lake and probably the best and biggest beach on the whole lake. The cabin was built in the 40's (I think). Its not one of those big ginormous mansions... but a smaller eclectic cabin. Very cute!


I took this picture on Friday night. It reminds me why we love the place so much.



Allie had been up there before but she was just a baby when we took her last summer. This year, being almost 2 she was able to actually enjoy the beach. The word "enjoy" is actually an understatment. She had so much fun!



Kole didnt quite have as much fun. He's teething so he spent a lot of time either sleeping or whining. Thank God gramma Val was there (thank you grandma Val!). Kole only made it down to the beach a few times. But the few times he was down their he really enjoyed it. He loved the feel of the wet sand in his toes and the water coming up and splashing him.




Tim had a little "liquid courage" and jumped in. I dont think he could fully breath right the rest of the day. He was the first to jump in this year (besides Cheyanne, our dog, of course!).




Someone else had a good time too. This dog lives for McCall. Tim and I decided that when she dies we will spread her ashes into the lake. Its not a fun thing to think about but she is nearly 10 years old so the time is probably coming in the next several years. She's such a good dog!


I had a great time too... except I dont have any pictures of me because I'm always the one behind the camera. I did have a couple of these though...

all in all... it was a great weekend!

5 comments:

Dee said...

Jacki, those pics are adorable, except for Tim diving into that icy water-----I can see why he didn't breathe right the rest of the day ! yeowwwwwwww
Allie looks as though she's found heaven ! It's just too wonderful.
I LOVE THE MUSIC !
Who is it?

Dee said...

Never mind about the music. I scrolled all the way to the bottom of your blog and found it . OK

Jodi said...

I have the cutest darned grandkids! I'm so glad you guys have the cabin. Allie will have so much fun there this summer.

Brandon and Lynsay said...

ohhhhh sweet memories!! Take off the hat!! :) Love you guys and Love McCall!! Can't believe we have babies that can play up there like we did!! So cute!!

ps Did you see my abandoned dog up there? you know the one with the Christmas collar in July?

kate said...

Oh man, I am SOOOOO jealous. I love McCall; you are so lucky to have that place. The kids will grow up with such great memories.

I love that you put Kole in his bouncy seat at the water's edge; what a great idea!