Wednesday, June 18, 2008

a simple thing such as brushing your teeth...

who knew it could be SUCH A BIG DEAL! Ok, Allie will be 2 just next month (yikes!) and I just now thought of brushing her teeth. Yes, I know this should have started awhile ago but thats just the kind of mom I am... not saying Im a bad one. So while grocery shopping I picked her up some kiddy toothpaste and I let her pick out her own tooth brush. After prying the adult extra wide, extra stiff brissle one out of her hand, she settled on a bright green kiddy tooth brush with "vroom-vrooms" on it(i.e. Trains). I tried to help her and show her how to actually move the tooth brush back and forth on he teeth. She wasnt having it. I even tryed to show her how much fun it was to brush her tongue. Nope, not having any of it. Finally after 15 minutes of struggling with a toddler, I surrendered. What the hell, Im sure millions of kids have digested a whole bottle of tooth paste... right???





8 comments:

Linda said...

That is so cool. I love your blog Jacki. Thank you so much for sharing your world. I don't get to experiance that stuff now that I live over here. :o(

So again, thanks for sharing. What may seem simple to you, is stellar news to me. :o)
Auntie Lala

Jodi said...

Put Allie on the counter with you every time you brush your teeth and she'll catch on. Lord, she's just like Jake was, doesn't want anyone to actually show her how to do it - wants to do it on her own!

kate said...

Ha! I love that picture of her on the counter, with her little pouty-lip sticking out. I can't wait to get my hands on both your kids in July. Lala and I are going to fight over 'em.

And, uh, I hate to tell you this, but you're supposed to take them to the dentist right around 2yrs. old, too.

Love you blog, Gacki. And you. xoxoxo

Brandon and Lynsay said...

so funny!! Tell her that you want to tickle her teeth! Chloe always giggles about that! good job friend!!

Dee said...

Wow, you got some good ideas. She looks so cute, as Kate said, with the pouty lip. She has that down pat----we've seen that before. But she's usually a happy girl !

Dee said...

Kole is a doll. Gotta be Daddy's hat, and it just fits. What a happy kid ! What a joy, that he is healthy and happy after he was so sick. He's fun.

JACKI said...

Kate... well, you and Lala can each have one because, unfortunatley, Tim and I wont be there that weekend. :o( Mom will have the kids Friday day though and then their other grandma will have them the rest of that weekend. Tim & I are leaving early Friday morning so hopfully we are planning a family thing for Thursday night (gramma's birthday!)

Lala... Im glad Im blogging again. It was hard to keep up with when I was working. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up better this time!

kate said...

Well where are YOU goin, missy?? Your two favorite aunts come to town and then you LEAVE? Hmmmphh.