Thursday, June 19, 2008

the dangerous life of...

ROCK HUNTING! I took these pictures of Allie a couple weeks ago when we went on a rock hunt. And when I say rock hunt, I mean a walk around the block, stealing rocks out of our neighbors yards. Allie has this "bike" that has a little basket in the front... perfect for rocks. She dressed herself...




I had to take Kole to the dr. this morning because he's got another ear infection (or probably the last one just never went away). I just took him in 2 weeks ago for the same thing. Poor little guy. Not such a happy camper today... Although this smile would lead you to believe differently...

6 comments:

kate said...

Oh my god, that Allie is a NUT! I love that age, when they dress themselves in the most outrageous stuff. And everything is an adventure. You're a GREAT mommy to go along with those things. She's adorable. Oh, and Kole's pretty cute too! :) I'm so sorry to hear about his ear infection. Poor little guy.

kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

I bet all the neighbors got a kick out of her outfit. What a kook!

Dee said...

That is some outfit. Now there's a trend setter !
I remember that you, Kate, also let Anna dress herself to go shopping and got lots of stares and smiles, perhaps a few giggles. You girls are brave and very good mommies. Your girls will always know that.

kate said...

Hell, I'm just bummed those days are over.

I LOVED it when Anna went through her "Princess dress" phase, and wore it EVERY DAY, usually with (like Allie) a snow-hat and cowboy boots on the wrong feet or stiped tights and sandals or something.

They are always SO PROUD that they got themselves dressed. And it's obvious to everyone you see that that is exactly what happened.

Dee said...

I keep looking at these pictures and it makes me giggle. And I love the pictures side by side of Allie having dressed herself, and Allie dressed by Mom. A darling comparison. You should put those two together in an album for her to see when she grows up. Frankly I like her style----it shows independence and character !