Sunday, June 28, 2009

backyard projects...

My dear Timmy has been working, what seems like, endlessly on our backyard. You see, when we first moved in here the backyard was not complete. The previous owners only completed half the backyard and left the other half totally neglected and without sprinklers. I just don't understand... 5 years... 5 years these people lived here! Soooo... when we moved in, that was basically one of the firsts on our 'to do' list.

This is sorta how it looked, except the weeds actually used to stand up to our thighs. This is what it looked like after we sprayed & weed eated and installed a sprinkler system (now... when I say 'we' I actually mean Tim). Ehem...

Here we are after we laid sod...

And this poor pathetic excuse for a tree didn't make it into the new landscape plans....


Instead... we made a cute little fire pit out of it! Lol! Really, this tree had no chance. It was dead. We just laid the brick around it, Tim cut the tree level with the top of the brick and we plan on burning our first fire in it (including the tree) tonight!
I'm pretty proud of our backyard and I'm pretty darn proud of Tim for taking on such a long, frusturating project. There were many times that we thought this project would never end. I'm so glad we're past the icky part and I can just focus on planting flowers, trees and shrubs. I can't wait for about 4 years when everything is full grown, big & pretty.

Andddd... just for fun...
Allie wearing funny glasses yesterday...


Kole enjoying some bbq'd corn on the cob for the first time tonight...



I just love summer... don't you?! :o}


7 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow! So much work. Nicely done kids!

kate said...

Ooh, we spent the weekend doing something similar, ripping OUT sod to make planting areas. Hard work, but satisfying and like you said, in about 3-4 years it will be so worth it! Good job, Tim!!!

I love that picture of Allie! She is such a character!

Dee said...

OMG your kids are so beautiful. Sorry to say that about your son, but he is too.
Good job on the yard and fire pit. It looks so mahlvelous. You're the greatest, Tim !

Brandon and Lynsay said...

I love the fire pit! The yard looks great!!

Linda said...

I've laid a lot of sod and put in three sprinkler systems. It is a LOT of frickin' work! Way to go Timmy!!!

DAMN those kids are cute!

H said...

The yard looks so good! WTG, Tim!! And the fire pit made Jake and me really jealous... I think we'll do one in our yard which we are not as industrious to take on ourselves. I called 5 different contractors for estimates today.....

Brandon and Lynsay said...

Could you update your Freakin blog already?!? Geez, I am dying of boredom here.................