Thursday, November 10, 2011

I love this boy...


Kole recently turned 4 years old. I can't believe it! Unfortunatly, on his birthday he ended up getting a horrible flu bug. It came out of no where. He at least got to enjoy some special birthday pancakes before the bug came on. He was so miserable that we ended up skipping the presents & cake that day. We just didn't make a big deal out of his birthday that day. I figured that would save him some heartache of know he's missing out on an exciting day. We just saved the fun stuff for his actual birthday party... and I'm so glad we did!
things I want to remember...
*he definitly gives me a run for my money! He is the 'go-go-go-go... CRASH!' kinda kid. If only I had half the energy he does!
*he is such a good sleeper now. If you would have asked me when he was a little baby, my answer would have been totally diferent.
*he is a lover & a pleaser. He likes to sit by me on the couch in the evenings and rub my arm with his finger tips. lol! He likes to do it because he knows I like it. :o)
*he loves to do my hair.
*he ties anything he can get his hands on to pretty much anything else he can get his hands on. And damn if that kid can't tie a mean knot!
*he is VERY sensitive and he's got to be approached in a very careful way. He doesn't always know how to control his emotions. I'm still learning how to deal with this. It's something we struggle with pretty much every single day.
*he says the FUNNIEST things!!! Tim & I are always thinking, 'where did he learn that?!'
*he LOVES to play tricks on people and he is seriously good at it {just like his dad!}
*he likes to dress up and he's pretty good at picking his clothes out.
*that being said, he also likes to dress silly... bike helmet, life jacket & snow boots are among his favorite!
*his snow boots are his favorite shoes... whether it's summer or winter.
*he ALWAYS has somthing connected to his belt loop... ALWAYS. Whether it be a key chain or two or usually a make shift gun and/or sword through the belt loop {like a holster}.
*he ALWAYS tels me 'I wubs you mommy' :o)

4 comments:

H said...

Awww, what a great kid and a joy to be around. Glad we were able to catch the tail end of the bday party. Love you, Kole!

Dee said...

What a goofy, charming, silly, loving son you have. And the handsomest, cutest boy in the world.

Just found this and LOVE the boy you've described. We don't get to see the many sides of him ---- he opens up at home, of course. What a love !

Jodi said...

He's such a good boy, I just love him. We all had so much fun at his birthday party - I felt like a kid again!

Jodi said...

I think I want to go there for MY next birthday!