Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I tried my hand with...


Fondant. My mother in law (Kandy) gave me some extra fondant that she had. It's been sitting in a little baggy in my cupboard for about a month now just waiting for the perfect time to come out. I'm pretty sure this stuff is like twinkies... it will last FOREVER. Well, Tuesday was my step mom's birthday (Colleen). I hate that word... step mom. So we'll call her 'my other mom'. :o) Anyway, it was her birthday so I pulled out the fondant to try my hand at cake making. I do have to say baking the cake was easy but working with the fondant was not. I'll need a lot of practice to perfect this project! As you can see, I edited the photo to 'look neat'. Well, I edited it for a reason. Sooo... 'fondant cake maker' I am not but 'photo editor' I am. hee! hee!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, that looks pretty good for a first attempt. How did it taste (the fondant)?

kate said...

Wow!! Aren't you a little Martha Stewart?! Between your photography, your cake skills and your various other talents, you could be a one-woman wedding planner/photographer/caterer. If anyone could do it, it would be you!

JACKI said...

bwaa-haaaa-ha-ha-aaa!!!
That work require workng with brides. Nah.

JACKI said...

oh ya, the fondant... you definitly gotta make sure it's rolled out rather thin or else its a 'sugar-gummyish' overload.

Dee said...

Gee, your editing is perfect ! And I'm sure "other Mother" loved the effort ! At least you tried, Honey. and that's what counts !
It really is pretty.

Linda said...

You are a crafty little thing!