Wednesday, March 3, 2010

omg... she's blogging!

wOw! Do I suck at blogging or what?

Let me catch you up on my life... We had a whirl wind of a Christmas. Our little family had the flu (yet again) for this last one. Poor Kole has only had one Christmas in his little life that he has actually gotten to celebrate without having the flu. We survived though! We visited all the families and on Christmas night Tim got to use his new BBQ that Mrs. Santa brought him and cooked us a delicious prime rib! The kids were stoked with their presents and all was well!
In December we got pregnant with #3. We were both so excited! I had all the regular fun symptoms up until I hit about 5 weeks. They started to go away. Soon after I started spotting (just barely). My dr. agreed to do an u/s and there was no baby. 1 week later (at 7 weeks) I finally miscarried. Emotionally it wasn't too hard on me. Poor Tim was heart broken though. I think the hardest part for me (and still is) is thinking about how far along I should have been by now. Thanks Babycenter.com for reminding me that I should have been 13 weeks today. Ugh.

January & February flew by, thank God. I hate January & February. Like... really hate. They're the worst 2 months of the whole year. Why did I have to be born in one of the worst months of the year?! Thanks mom & dad! The last couple of days have been sunny & warm. Ohhh, I love spring!

Allie definitly has given me a run for my money in these past 3 months. Who ever made up the saying about 'terrible two's' should be shot. Two is NOTHING. NOTHING! I think she broke me down to tears every single day in the months of January & February. Side note: are we seeing a pattern here?.... January... February? Bad months. Luckily, she seems to be doing better now. She is really transitioning from toddler to kid right before my eyes. It's crazy! Her favorite past time now is doing puzzles. She is really good at them!

Kole... Kole is just naughty. He also gives me a run for my money... just in a different way. I throw a load of laundry on the couch to fold and he throws them off. I sit him at the table to eat some cheese crackers and he squishes them all. I put the newspapers in a stack and he throws them around the living room. You get the point. He is all boy. He is a lover though. When I walk into his room in the mornings to get him from his crib, he turns over and says in his sweet little voice, 'hi mommy'. He can really melt my heart.

When people hear that I want 3 kids, I always hear the gasp like 'your crazy!'. I'm not kidding... every single time. I'm not going to lie, though, sometimes I gasp at the thought of having 3 kids as well. Sometimes I think to myself, 'Am I crazy???' These 2 kids already give me a run for my money each day! I'm already exhausted by the end of each day. Do I really want 3 kids? And my answer is... Yes, I want 3 kids and if we could afford it we'd have even more than that. As a mother, my kids are the reason I get up everyday. They are the reason that my heart smiles everyday. They bring the laughter into our home. Who wouldn't want to add more? Tim & I have always had a place in our hearts for 3 children. And yes, I want 3 kids... so get over it damn it! LOL! Enough with all of this gushy stuff. Basically when I really think about it... we already have two kids... whats one more?!

Anyways, here's to birds chirping, warm days & a sunny, happy spring!!! And I'll leave you with some random unedited pictures from the last 3 months...


Allie jumping at the trampoline gym in Seattle...



my sicky kids on Christmas Eve....

back to normal on Christmas Day...


oh they just lub eachother...


playing with playdough...


he's going to kill me when he's older...


she just loves this dog...


And I have to show off my new bedroom that we just finished this weekend. Ok... I wouldn't say finished. It still has a ways to go but the majority of it is done.

12 comments:

Brandon and Lynsay said...

I have a few things to say.....

First: Sorry I give you a hard time about three kids. Really I am just admitting that I couldn't handle three and I shouldn't assume that you couldn't. I can't wait to one day meet another little blond Compton. and I love your kids.

Second: Kole is not naughty. He is perfect. That is all I will say about that.

Third: If Brandon saw the picture of Kole in the dress..... he'd be pretty upset with you. (it happened to him as a child, and well he's sensitive).

Love ya girl, see you for our date.

Jodi said...

You are so blessed. My grandkids are so wonderful and I look forward to their daily phone calls. You've done such wonderful things to your home!

I'm so incrediby lucky to have you all in my life and so glad that you're not only my daughter but my friend. I love you all!

JACKI said...

LOL! Lynsay... I was just teasing about the the 3 kids thing. Silly!

I love you too mudder!!!

kate said...

HOLY SHIT SHE BLOGGED!!!

Totally agree with you about January and February. Let's start a movement to have them removed from the calendar.

Your kids are SO BEAUTIFUL. I can't get over Allie's hair!! I thought she was going to be bald forever! :) And now it's like super-model hair on a 3 year old.


Speaking of three years old, three is a million times worse than 2. Because it's the "I WANT TO DO IT MYSELF!!!" stage. And most of what they want to do, they aren't developmentally able, so then they melt down. Three is when I started a) drinking and b) got on happy pills. I highly recommend both. :)

And last but not least, your bedroom is STUNNING!!! You certainly have your mom's give for decorating. It looks like a WONDERFUL place to collapse at the end of the day.

Dee said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JACKI BLOGGED
I had about given up even checking !

All kids are different, even tho you raise them with the same set of rules and it can be a joy to find out just how that third one will turn out----what kind of little person he/she will be. So, when the time is right, have a third !

Love the pics, your kids MY great grandkids are adorable. ( and of course Allie put that dress on Kole ! or he did it----NOT Mommy) Save that picture, it can be used for blackmail !

Your bedroom is gorgeous--your sanctuary. You are a decorator!@

Linda said...

I hate January and February too. And I too had the misfortune to be born in one of them. yuk!

Jacki I LOVE your bedroom. It's beautiful. And I LOVE the saying over your bed. How blissfully romantic.

You are such an awesome mommy, wife, daughter, sister, and neice. I just adore you.

Thanks for sharing the pics of those beauiful kids. Alli's hair is so long! And yep, that little Kole - pure boy!

JACKI said...

uh... bad news to those who love Allie's hair... I chopped it off.
:o}

Dee said...

YOU DIDN'T ! HOW COULD YOU !


PICTURE-----PICTURE

I'm positive it will be darling, Grace's is.

JACKI said...

Gramma, you've seen her since it's been cut. It's to her shoulders now. It used to be down the middle of her back. :o}

Dee said...

Oh, that's a "trim", not "chopped".
Yes, its cute, as is she.
Good Mamma !

Emily S. said...

Jacki, Just wanted to say your blog comment the other day made me smile and feel so good. THANK YOU! Hooray for Nov07 babies, and for the vast number of incredible Nov. mamas. Thanks for being a blog pal, and please say hello whenever you feel the urge! :)

(CUTE kids, btw, and LOVE your bedroom!! Someday I'll have my own house and will put up some vinyl quotes. Someday.)

Synergy Girl said...

Hey Jacki! I do remember you! Your family is so stinkin' cute!! Well, I don't know what I would have done on bedrest in the hospital. I was on bedrest for a couple weeks when I fell at 24 weeks, and that was hard...let alone 6 weeks...and then some!! Well, I will have to follow your blog! Hope you are doing great!