Monday, August 4, 2008

so is it true...

that if you hit your wrist with a bible it will make your ganglion tumor go away??? I've had this stupid thing for about 4 years now. All of a sudden its starting to get bigger and bigger and starting to be more and more painful. Hmmm... maybe I'll hold off on the bible and just ask my dr. when I go in on Friday.

Um, so other than my tumor (LOL!) things are going good. Uh... we are currently moving back into our house. Even though we never actually left. Long story, but we will remain on Aldgate Rd. after all. One good thing about packing and then unpacking... we have realized how much shit we have. Lets just say everything that we packed is not making it back into the Compton house. Oh, its so good to be home. And thank you all for your kind words.

On to other news... my aunt Kate is getting married in September at the Hidden Springs barn where I got married. I should be another beautiful fall day. She has put the planning & decorating into mine & my mom's hands. Bless her heart. Hey Kate, the pretty rocks for the center pieces weren't in our budget so we picked out these instead...

They were on clearance so we cant exactly take them back. We knew you'd like them though so we shouldnt have to worry about that. Im so glad that you are trusting us with you special day. ;o) Ok, in all seriousness, below are your table center pieces. Im not too sure about these branches that we picked up so we're going to return them (unless you really like them) and find the branches that resemble the ones in your inspiration photo.



Tim and I decided to get out of the house on Sunday and took the kids to the zoo. It was so much fun to watch Allie enjoy all the animals. She especially loved the "ooo-ooo-aaa-aaa's" (monkeys). Zoo Boise is adding in an African Safari to the mix. Its in the works now but once done they'll add a lion, giraffe & zebras. You will access this new addition from a boat, you'll enter into a village and then onto the animals.






This past weekend was also Scenty's big convention. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go but I heard through the grape vine that they're coming out with tons new & cool stuff including a mini warmer that plugs straight into a wall like a night light. They're perfect for bathrooms and laundry rooms. I think they are going to go like hot cakes for Christmas gifts.

Alrighty, I'll go ahead and end this post with some random pictures taken over the last week.




11 comments:

kate said...

Oh, you are MEAN!! I swear, I saw the words "Aunt Kate's wedding" and the picture of the seashells and the room started spinning and everything got blurry and I think I crapped my pants a little bit.

Real. frickin'. funny. Your mother was behind that, wasn't she?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you came up with though!!! It's PERFECT. And yeah, not so thrilled about the branches. I'd rather get some off a real tree or somethin. And that table runner is exactly what I need!! The right color and everything. Where'd you get that? I need 8 of 'em!

Thank you so, so SO much for your help. I can't tell you what a relief it is to have that in your able hands.

PS. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE FURRY PINK COATS. No. Just no. :)

kate said...

ps. I'm so glad you get to stay in your house!! So, you mean, forever or just for now? I'm deeply confused (it doesn't take much, I know)....

JACKI said...

LMAO!!! We saw those sea shells in TJ Max and had to take a picture. Yep, we're stayen FOREVER or at least until we decide that we want to move. About the table runner, I got it at Cost Plus several years ago. It normaly goes on my sofa table in my entry way but I stole it for pictures. Has anyone checked to see if we can rent them?

JACKI said...

oh and...
why dont you tell Allie to her face that you hate her coats!!!
hmph!

Jodi said...

Loved the pictures, hated Kate's comment about crapping her pants - that kind of made me sick and I'm afraid I'm gonna have that picture in my mind all day.

Dee said...

I think those were new coats and the girls had to try them on, right? Those are girly coats, Kate, the kind that neither you nor Anna ever cared for.
I can't believe , Kate, that you don't like the seashells. I know their first thought was trying to find frogs made of seashells, playing instruments. The whole room with a coastal theme was such a good idea that Jodi had !

kate said...

Jacki, I could tell Allie to her face that those are the most gorgeous furry pink coats I've ever seen and that they were hand-sewn by sparkly pink fairies with rainbow wings who live in a magic forest and ride unicorns...and she'd STILL cry at me. Your daughter hates me. ;P

JACKI said...

LOL! ya, thats true.

Mrs. Dopp said...

OMG I just re-found your blog, and it just took me 10 minutes to figure out how to login and post something. You would since it is 2008 I would know this stuff. So love love love your blog. You are so sweet (I am assuming I was the great friend you went to drinks with on Friday.) :) I am so glad you guys arent moving, we were so so sad to hear that you were moving. But so happy now that we will remain neighbors FOREVER! Anyway, I just got off the phone with you so I have nothing else to write. Talk to you tonight.

JACKI said...

Megann... no, I went to dinner with another friend after you dropped me off at midnight.

;o)

Brandon and Lynsay said...

Ohhhh Aunt Kate hates the Abby coats!! Chloe would be very sad, that is her fav! :) I am super glad that you are staying on Aldgate too!