Tuesday, August 14, 2007

a LiTlE bAcKgRoUnD...

Ok, so just to start off... dont expect too much. I never "A'ced" english in highschool. So what Im trying to say is Im not much of a writer.

Why I'm here...
Somewhere around 24 weeks I started have very few sparatic contractions at work. They went away so I didnt think too much of them. A couple days later I plopped down in front of my desk after carrying everyone's lunches in (Subway) on one arm and carrying Allie in the other. I'll set the scene for you: fat chick running from the car to the office in 100 degree heat carrying food in one hand, letting helpless child slip out of the other. Yes, they sent the pregnant girl with the kid to retrieve lunch for the whole office. Hm. To my suprise I started having contractions. Apparently I have an irritable uterus and the uterus was not have'n it! I called my dr's office and of course you have to jump through fire to talk to YOUR nurse or YOUR dr. So, I talked to someone else's who knew nothing about me. As expected, she replied "drink lots of water and put your feet up." {{{SIGH}}} I know my body and I know thats not the answer I was looking for! So... whats a girl to do but call again and AGAIN and AGAIN the next day. I think they just wanted to shut me up so they finally scheduled me in for whats called a Cervical Length Ultrasound. SURE ENOUGH!!! I was effacing. so, "pelvic rest" I go... not bedrest but pelvic rest. Pelvic Rest means: "take it easy." Ha! And, as I guessed 1 week later I was on full & complete bedrest, after spending a nice, relaxing, lazy day in Labor & Delivery. After spending 1 week on "complete" bed rest at home (I do have to say that I cheated... A LOT... ok A LOT A LOT) I had another cervical length ultrasound and this time I was effacing more AND dialating. My dr. was serious now... soooooo that's why I'm here at my mom's house. No cheating here! She's taking good care of me. I yub her!!!!

Today I went in for my 3 hour glucose test because (suprise!) I failed my 1 hour test. I've never been a good test taker. I also found out that I'm anemic. Seriously... do you think that God is trying to tell me somthing? Maybe... just maybe this will be our last child.

3 comments:

Brandon and Lynsay said...

Friend, don't tell me that you cheated..... That's not okay!! I can't wait to come play with you tomorrow!! and I think you are an excellent writer! xoxo

kate said...

Yay Jacki!!! Love your writing; your stories always crack me up! I still laugh about the chocolate cake one...

Keep that little bun in the oven. I love you!!!!

kate

Linda said...

I found that having 2 children was about as much as I could handle. Can't imagine having any more!

If you feel the need for more nurturing than that, raise Puppies. They just as cute, are much easier, and it's totally acceptable to sell them once they start running all over the house and getting into things. (I got in lots of trouble when I tried that with my children!)

Keep that baby cookin' till I can get some preemie clothes made! I love you Jacki Dee!!!
Aunt Lala