Sunday, November 3, 2013

{Day 3}...

I am grateful for my belief in God and the after life. I'm not a hugely spiritual person. I was not raised in a religious family. I never went to church. I'm not of a certain religion. I don't know a ton about the Bible, but I do know one thing... there is a God and when you die, it is not the end. I take great comfort in knowing this. I try to live a good life and teach my kids to live a good life... not just be sympathetic towards other people but, more importantly, teach them to be empathetic. I believe when you truly learn to be empathetic, you grow as a person and become a better person... with a better heart. I'm not certain that this is enough to get me to Heaven, but I'd like to believe it is.

... I don't know exactly where I'm going with all of this. I'm kind of rambling here. But, I'm grateful to know there is a God. I'm grateful that when I pray at night, I know there is someone listening. A close family friend died early this morning. I'm not sad for her. After all, how can you be sad for someone who is dancing, singing & laughing in the clouds and feels nothing but happiness and joy right now? I'm grateful and comforted that, that is what I believe. Her family & friends and all who are left behind are who I am sad for.

I've had several close people die in the last couple of years. They were all truly good people with good hearts. I just can't imagine them anywhere but in Heaven. Through each death, my belief in God and a continued after life has grown... and for that I am grateful.

R.I.P. Sue.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I am so pleased that you believe, that you also believe in Heaven. I feel so strongly about my beliefs and couldn't be strong in difficult times if I thought there was no help from above nor someplace better than this one after all is done.

Good girl.

RETA said...

Thank you for writing. You are so dear.