Tuesday, November 17, 2009

hello... meet my mormon closet...


No... I'm not preparing for the end of the world or some sort of disaster. No... nothing like that.
Hello... my name is Jacki and I am preparing for another baby. Yes... another baby. Now don't get all excited just yet. I am not preggo. Not yet.
As most of you know, I don't carry a baby in my tummy very well. You see, these said babies like to come out early. Too early. Which requires me to do months & months of bedrest.
I had a dr.'s appt a couple of weeks ago to discuss 'family planning'. Most women would take their spouse... you know... like... their husband's. I took my mom. LOL! Yep, I took my mom. Tim was out of town and I had already had this appt scheduled forever, so I wasn't about to reschedule! I chose my mom because, A) she was probably the most concerned about us having another child and B) I needed another set of ears so I wouldn't have selective hearing incase the news was not good. Well, turns out the news was good... not just good but GrEaT! In the past 2 years since I've had Kole, they've come up with a new progesterone shot that I will be getting once per week while in the 2nd trimester. This shot along with a cerclage will most likely ward off any preterm labor that I might have. My dr. felt very confident that this will work for us with little to no bedrest. And I trust him.
Soooo... Tim & I are doing everything & anything that we can to prepare for this upcoming baby/pregnancy. We setup a new 'baby saving account' and by June we will have about 4+ months worth of income setup... just incase. And you know that 'mormon closet' I showed you up there? Well, I took on a new toddler in my daycare. She is here about 2 hours each day, 4 days per week and I am taking the extra income from her and stocking my mormon closet! My plan is to have at least 4 months worth of non perishable goods stacked on these shelves by the time I have a baby.
Do you think I might be nesting already??? Noooo....
Anyways, pray hard for us... think positive... wish... send good vibes... do a little dance... do whatever it is you do! We want a healthy pregnancy & baby! :o)

7 comments:

kate said...

OHMYGOD JACKI BLOGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem.

Can I just say WWWOOOWW with the planning ahead?! Seriously impressive. It sounds like you're being very level-headed about the whole thing.

And since you and Tim do quite possibly make the cutest babies ever, I can't wait for you to have another one!!

Jodi said...

Well, here's some very important advice from your mother.

Start stealing diapers and wipes from the daycare kids. That way you'll have a big ol' stockpile of those too!

JACKI said...

Mom! ehem... I have daycare parents whom read this blog. Now hush before I 'donky chest' ya!

Jodi said...

I thought you said that wasn't contageous...

Dee said...

Gee, Mom, that was really rotten advice.! Besides, its a little late to turn your child to a life of crime.

Dee said...

Oh, yeah, Jacki, the medical news is fabulous ! that is exciting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon and Lynsay said...

Baaaaahaaaa your mom is hilarious!! I will keep that in mind when chloe comes to visit :) I heart your mormon closet friend! Now quit blogging and start making that baby!